KiCad design files
princeton.zip

Schematic
princeton.pdf
Layout
layoutprinceton.pdf
trinceton-sisu.jpg
trinceton.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nosalt

Re: Princeton Reverb

Post by Nosalt »

Heikki, thank you so much for making these files available -- this is fantastic!

For me, it's very timely as well: Only a few months ago (end of November), I filled in the schematic for the Princeton Reverb in Kicad, but then when it came to layout, I was completely lost -- I'm still a novice at electronics, although I've worked on my original 1976 Princeton Reverb. So I set the project aside for a while. I've had some more practice with Kicad and PCB layout since then (smaller projects, like circuits for a boost pedal and a reverb pedal), and this past weekend, I thought I might give the PR layout another try. But first, I Googled "princeton reverb pcb," and immediately found your files, only a few days after you (re?)posted them. What an amazing coincidence!

I plan to make some (minor) mods to the original circuit, so the Kicad files will be hugely useful for me, rather than just Gerber files. And I see that you've already done some of the mods I had in mind, notably some safety and longevity mods, such as the addition of fuses, diodes, and a current inrush limiting resistor (thermistor, or similar) in the power section.

I'm now finding myself very impatient for the weekend, when I can start studying these files!

Best wishes to you,
John